So, I go back to work in a month. I am actually looking forward to this! Small problem though… we don’t have a daycare spot for E. She has been on the waitlist since she was but a mass of cells in my uterus but there just isn’t any space! We need to wait for an existing infant to move up to the toddler room to create a new opening. Easier said than done though because a preschooler needs to leave the centre in order to create a spot for the toddler that needs to move up to make room for the infant.
Despite what I’ve led M to believe, I am starting to freak out a little. My fingers are crossed that there will be space soon!
Other than worry about the daycare situation, here are a few other things I hope to accomplish before I head back into the office:
1. Finish up my last task list. Apparently I’ve been slacking since I identified my last set of goals. I blame the basement. That update took a lot longer than anticipated. Now it’s time to get serious about the last 2 items: personalizing the girls’ bedroom doors and creating an ‘organization station’ for the kitchen.
2. Launch my new feature. In a recent post, I alluded to writing more on fashion. This is going to come in the form of a new weekly feature. I’ll be sharing the details shortly!
3. Do some ‘re-branding’. I don’t know if ‘re-branding’ is the correct term but I’m looking to make some updates to my graphics and I’m working on a new ‘tag line’. Stay tuned!
4. Figure out a plan for the backyard. This is going to be the year I do something with the backyard. I’m picturing landscaping, furniture and design elements. I’m getting excited!
5. Get started on E’s birthday book. When L turned 1, I wanted to give her something special and unique that she could cherish forever. I decided to make her a book. It had some cute rhymes I had written and pictures of her and was ‘published’ through blurb. I set the bar pretty high and now I’m obligated to do the same for E or listen to complaints of “you love her more!” for the rest of my life. With E turning 1 mid-May, I should probably get started!
The countdown is on to start knocking these items off my list!