I finally got around to building the pallet couch I have been planning for since the beginning of summer.
I started with 5 pallets that I acquired from my neighbour and as a result, they were free!
Then it was time for sanding and painting. During this step I was about ready to can the whole project because it was hard work in the hot sun! But I definitely feel accomplished having stuck with it!
Once the pallets were ready, I added some legs and then put it all together! I used the 2 larger pallets for the seat and the 3 smaller pallets for the back.
The benefit of working on this project later in the summer is that I got the cushions on sale! The base cushions are for a lounger but were discounted 50% to $24. The small red pillow were also discounted to $4. Score! The other cushions were ones I had lying around the house that I covered in outdoor fabric that I purchased last summer when I had aspirations of making over the backyard. I guess better late than never!
Tomorrow is L’s birthday party and I am excited to share all the DIYs I made for it. Stay tuned!