I have a ton of clothes in my closet but I still struggle when getting dressed every morning because I feel like I have nothing to wear. Every. Single. Morning.
I’ve decided try and do something about it which is why I’m starting the ‘Wear My Closet Challenge’.
I am challenging myself to wear every item in my closet and not repeat an outfit between now and the end of December.
Why am I doing this? I want to give myself an appreciation of all that I have. I recently read that we wear 20% of the clothes we have 80% of this time. This statistic did not surprise me. I have so many items in my closet and I’m not using them all the way I should be. In addition to getting some new outfit ideas, I’m hoping that by the end of this challenge I will be willing to let go of a bunch of clothes that I really struggled with trying to find ways to wear.
Here are my rules:
- I cannot repeat an outfit for the next 2 months
- I can wear each pair of pants more than once but I must wear each pair of pants at least once
- I can wear cardigans more than once but I must wear each cardigan at least once
- I cannot wear a dress twice
- I can only wear a shirt twice if I’m wearing it differently (for example, wearing a black t-shirt on its own and then wearing the same black t-shirt under a blazer that I haven’t yet worn)
- Off-season items (like summer dresses or capris) are exempt
- Lounge wear and workout gear is also exempt
To keep track, I will take a picture of my outfit each day (I will be posting these each Sunday). Once an item has been worn, I will place it back in my closet on a backwards hanger (hooking from behind rather than in front) so I know not to wear it again until all the other items have been worn.
Sound good? Who wants to join me?!?