Despite being a total textbook Type A, I somehow managed to put off identifying my goals for 2016 until past the halfway point in January. I guess I’ve been busy!
Upon reflection, I did quite well with my 2015 goals. Some of my 2016 goals build on what I accomplished in 2015 and some are brand new.
I’ve broken my goals into a few different categories. Here they are!
- rearrange the dining room
- move the wardrobe out of the bedroom
- set-up the guest room in the basement
- get in an engineer to scope out our foundation to see if extensive renos are possible
- develop (and stick to!) a chore schedule
- develop a 2016 budget
- set-up an RESP for the girls (currently just using a TFSA)
- continue to build up our emergency savings
- put an extra lump-sum payment toward our mortgage
- spend less each week on fast food
- get away for a kid-free weekend with M
- try to yell less (is there a mum who doesn’t have this on her goals list?!?)
- eat meals at the table with no tech
- do another family photo shoot
- have monthly family nights (complete with picnics in the living room, board games and bonding!)
So, there you have it! I’m excited to see what 2016 will bring!