Have you folks heard of Arbonne? It is a line of beauty, health and wellness products (like skincare, makeup, hair and nutrition) that are sold through a multi-level marketing business model. A friend of mine is a consultant and she convinced me to try out some of their RE9 Advanced products for a week.
Here are the details…
RE9 Advanced is a premium anti-aging skincare line that “integrates beneficial scientific ingredients and botanicals to deliver clinically tested, unbiased, totally visible results.” It “helps improve the appearance of skin radiance, elasticity, firmness and texture while minimizing the appearance of wrinkles by conditioning the skin”.
(image from Arbonne Canada Facebook page)
Sounds amazing, but is it worth the hype? Here are my thoughts after 7 days of use.
- Not a lot of product was needed with each use (I only used half a pump of the face wash each time)
- The day cream includes SPF 20
- Didn’t make my pimple-prone skin breakout
- Strict guidelines with ingredients (all natural, vegan, gluten-free, and no animal testing)
- A 5 step process is recommended… face wash, toner, serum, eye cream, and either a day or night cream (just too intensive for me)
- I didn’t love the spray dispenser for the toner (I felt like I was wasting product with the number of pumps I used)
- The products are expensive (although I should preface this by saying that I am super cheap when it comes to skincare products, lol!)
So, will I be purchasing products? To be honest, I haven’t yet decided. I’m having some serious sticker shock… the entire 5 step process with 6 products is $466. Also, I don’t know if the products will be enough when the warmer weather hits and my oily skin goes into overdrive. However, there is a line for oily/combination skin that isn’t nearly as expensive. I may try out one of those products and see how it goes! I’ll be sure to keep you updated!