I am about ready to gouge out my eyeballs trying to write this post. I am on a train on my way to Eastern Ontario for work and the Internet is sooooooooooooo slow. I guess I shouldn’t complain… at least … Continue reading
I love a maxi skirt for the warmer weather. The fabric is light, the breeze flows right through and you don’t have to shave your legs! Being taller than the average gal with super long legs, finding one the right length was … Continue reading
Back when I was getting ready to head back to work, a coral blazer was one of my must-haves on my shopping list. I love the colour and the item is super versatile. Here’s how I wear it:
Thanks to everyone who voted for what item I should feature in this 3 C’s post. With 56% of the votes, the winner is the pastel pant! Here’s how to wear it. Stay tuned for the next 3 C’s post … Continue reading
Thanks to everyone who voted for what item I should feature in my first 3 C’s post. With 47% of the votes, the winner is the denim shirt! Here’s how to wear it.
I go back to work on Wednesday. Gah! How did this happen? Where did the past year go?!? While I am looking forward to it, I am a little bummed that I didn’t get everything crossed off my to-do list … Continue reading
So, I go back to work in a month. I am actually looking forward to this! Small problem though… we don’t have a daycare spot for E. She has been on the waitlist since she was but a mass of cells in my uterus but there just isn’t any space! We need to wait for an existing infant to move up to the toddler room to create a new opening. Easier said than done though because a preschooler needs to leave the centre in order to create a spot for the toddler that needs to move up to make room for the infant.
Despite what I’ve led M to believe, I am starting to freak out a little. My fingers are crossed that there will be space soon!
Other than worry about the daycare situation, here are a few other things I hope to accomplish before I head back into the office:
1. Finish up my last task list. Apparently I’ve been slacking since I identified my last set of goals. I blame the basement. That update took a lot longer than anticipated. Now it’s time to get serious about the last 2 items: personalizing the girls’ bedroom doors and creating an ‘organization station’ for the kitchen.
2. Launch my new feature. In a recent post, I alluded to writing more on fashion. This is going to come in the form of a new weekly feature. I’ll be sharing the details shortly!
3. Do some ‘re-branding’. I don’t know if ‘re-branding’ is the correct term but I’m looking to make some updates to my graphics and I’m working on a new ‘tag line’. Stay tuned!
4. Figure out a plan for the backyard. This is going to be the year I do something with the backyard. I’m picturing landscaping, furniture and design elements. I’m getting excited!
5. Get started on E’s birthday book. When L turned 1, I wanted to give her something special and unique that she could cherish forever. I decided to make her a book. It had some cute rhymes I had written and pictures of her and was ‘published’ through blurb. I set the bar pretty high and now I’m obligated to do the same for E or listen to complaints of “you love her more!” for the rest of my life. With E turning 1 mid-May, I should probably get started!
The countdown is on to start knocking these items off my list!
A little over a month ago a put together a back-to-work to-do list because I am returning to the office in May after a year long maternity leave. The first item on this list was to buy some office appropriate attire. … Continue reading
Recently I created a secondary to-do list that I plan to work on concurrently with my house/organizing project task list. This new list is a series of tasks I would like to accomplish before I go back to work at … Continue reading
I recently finalized my arrangements for heading back to work in May. While that seems like so far away because it is only February, I have less than 3 months left on my maternity leave. Eeep!
That being said, I am looking forward to going back. I love my job and I love the organization I work for. I am excited about using different parts of my brain than I do caring for a 9 month old, and also being productive in a different sense of the word. Plus, they pay me for my planning and organizational skills 🙂
While I am still checking off items from my most recent task list, I am also implementing a ‘back-to-work’ to-do list because there are a few things I would like to accomplish before heading back.
Go back-to-work shopping
After my big closet purge earlier this year, I really shouldn’t be buying more stuff but I really do need some need work-appropriate clothes. I will be posting my shopping list (and budget!) in a few days.
Plan some outfits
This item definitely reflects how much of a nerd I am. Remember those kids who would pick out their outfit for the first day of school days in advance? I was way worse than that. I would have my outfits for the first couple weeks planned ahead of time and I would also document what I wore and when so I wouldn’t repeat an outfit. I am awesome 🙂
While I will certainly have fun and enjoy this task, I am also doing so for reasons of practicality. My mornings are going to be frantic with trying to get everyone up, ready and out the door by 7:30. I don’t need outfit selection slowing me down.
Figure out a new household budget
Going back to work means I will be getting my full-time income back and more money coming in every month. On the flip side, I will also have additional daycare fees to factor in. I need to take a look and what is coming in and going out each month and make sure everything is in the right place!
Get on board with meal planning
The last thing I want to do after a full day at work is to get home and have to scramble to get food on the table (that isn’t grilled cheese, pizza or Kraft Dinner). My goal is to plan out a weeks worth of dinners at a time and ensure I have all the ingredients on hand for something delicious, nutritious and homemade!
Have a spa day
It goes without saying that work can be stressful – especially after being off for a year. In preparation for this, I would love to pamper myself with a manicure, pedicure and a massage. I’ve earned it! Plus, I have a voucher!
Anything else I’ve missed?