A little while ago, M and I did some renovations in our basement, including turning our laundry room into a bathroom/laundry room combo. For the space, I chose the colour scheme of deep purple, lavender, aqua, white and grey. … Continue reading
I’d had an old wooden side table kicking around the house since we’d moved in almost 6 years ago. It continues to grow with us and has been shuffled from room to room as it is quite functional. A couple … Continue reading
A couple days ago I posted about the DIY artwork I made for the basement. After hanging it up, there was still some empty some space on the walls that looked pretty bare. I decided to create an area where the … Continue reading
Since doing our basement reno last November, I have slowly been plugging away at designing the space and making it ours. The caveat is that I’m trying to do so on the cheap and this often means DIY. My latest DIY … Continue reading
Here is the latest DIY artwork (using paint chips!) I pulled together for the basement: Because the paint chips were free from my local home improvement store and I already had the frame, this project was free! Here’s how I … Continue reading
In my quest to make the basement look amazing, I recently DIY’ed some arrow artwork. I started with some old artwork from the ‘old’ basement… …which I then primed and painted to end up with some budget-friendly pieces for the walls! … Continue reading
Today I had the day off work and I spent it with my mum. We had a wonderful day shopping – Target, the mall and Ikea (plus a delicious meatball lunch!) Having the day off also gave me the time to finish … Continue reading
So this week I’m getting serious about ‘styling’ the basement. I did a huge clean/organize of the play area on the weekend, I started on the dress-up centre organization yesterday and I’m working away on the artwork (nothing like having … Continue reading
Today was supposed to be a “me” day. I had the day off work and some fun money to buy a few new items for my closet. I was super excited so of course L woke up with pink eye. No daycare for her and my trip to the mall was replaced with a visit to the doctor’s office.
At least being at home all day forced me to be somewhat productive. And when I say somewhat productive, what I actually mean is that I made a plan to be productive. I documented, room-by-room, everything that I want to accomplish as part of my spring cleaning.
The list is quite long and very daunting but I feel like it at least gives me a starting point.
Some of the top items on my list?
- Do a general tidy of each room – so much stuff seems to have accumulated over the winter and all of these items either need a new home or a place in the trash.
- Clean out closets – get rid of any clothes/shoes/accessories that don’t fit/haven’t been worn in a while and take inventory of what the girls need for the warmer weather.
- Overhaul our toy storage system – with the new storage in E’s room and the extra space in the basement, I can start moving toys out of the living room.
- Clean the car – after the snowy/slushy/salty winter we had, the car is a mess – inside and out. Maybe I can pawn this one off on M?
- Do some serious cleaning – I am not looking forward to this one but windows need to be washed, baseboards need to be scrubbed, and dust bunnies need to be swept from corners.
What about you? What is making the top of your spring cleaning list? Any tips on getting things done?
Today L had a dentist appointment and since I had a lieu day, I took the day off and we had a mommy-daughter day (or should I say a mommy day in which L tagged along). A couple of our stops were Fabricland … Continue reading