While I’m still in vacation mode until I’m back at work on Monday, I have a huge list of things I want to accomplish around the house. While there are a lot of little things, I’ve decided to focus on projects for 3 specific areas of the house: L’s room, the kitchen and the basement.
Here’s what I have planned:
- Add 2 bookshelves (considering making these!) to either side of her bed
- Set up a reading centre
- Set up a place for playing with magnetic dress-up dolls
- Put a fun paint treatment on her dresser
- DIY some accessory storage
- Make some canvas photo displays
- Install a hanging shelf under our upper cabinets
- Update the command centre
- Organize the large corner cabinet
- Add some DIY artwork
- Paint and install some curtains
- Add more storage to the office/craft area
- Set up a place to display the kids’ artwork
- Create a dress up centre in the playroom
- DIY some artwork for the playroom
- Set up an area to display family photos
- Finish the bathroom reno
Now that I everything down on paper, it looks like a lot! I’m ready for the challenge though!
My goal is to have these projects wrapped by the end of March. 1 space/month makes it seem much more manageable!
What are your goals for 2014?