Today was supposed to be a “me” day. I had the day off work and some fun money to buy a few new items for my closet. I was super excited so of course L woke up with pink eye. No daycare for her and my trip to the mall was replaced with a visit to the doctor’s office.
At least being at home all day forced me to be somewhat productive. And when I say somewhat productive, what I actually mean is that I made a plan to be productive. I documented, room-by-room, everything that I want to accomplish as part of my spring cleaning.
The list is quite long and very daunting but I feel like it at least gives me a starting point.
Some of the top items on my list?
- Do a general tidy of each room – so much stuff seems to have accumulated over the winter and all of these items either need a new home or a place in the trash.
- Clean out closets – get rid of any clothes/shoes/accessories that don’t fit/haven’t been worn in a while and take inventory of what the girls need for the warmer weather.
- Overhaul our toy storage system – with the new storage in E’s room and the extra space in the basement, I can start moving toys out of the living room.
- Clean the car – after the snowy/slushy/salty winter we had, the car is a mess – inside and out. Maybe I can pawn this one off on M?
- Do some serious cleaning – I am not looking forward to this one but windows need to be washed, baseboards need to be scrubbed, and dust bunnies need to be swept from corners.
What about you? What is making the top of your spring cleaning list? Any tips on getting things done?